Amazing Features of Magento 2.0
Posted by Payal Patel
Magento is one of the topmost open source CMS to develop e-commerce websites. Initially it was launched in 2008 by a California-based company “Varien.” Magento was an implementation on OS commerce to repair & increase its stability, flexibility & features. Now Magento has launched its new version Magento 2.0 after Magento 1.9. It has resolved and smoothen its complexity faced by Magento Community, Magento Enterprise and Magento Go. Let’s have a look on the quality renovation from the store owner’s aspect / for the store owners.
Amazing features of Magento 2.0
- Magento 2 has resolved its slower processing issues and separate processing unit’s requirements especially for significant shops or stores.
- Magento core products are improved so that traders may be offered more functionality to grow with the platform.
- It is defining the upcoming looks of new and improved platforms and helping to boost and build new skills in the rapidly evolving e-commerce space.
- Magento 2 keeps the strong knowledge of the platform when it comes out and makes an expertise and provides distinct strategy in developing modules with respect to its structure.
1. Modified Back-End & Front-End
- Your site will be visually and impressively new with less CSS preprocessor and modern HTML5 themes.
- It has introduced clear and user-friendly main menu with more transparent back-end management.
- Product pages are much easier to manage because of simple or advanced mode, facility to edit or add attributes etc.
2. New File Structure
- Magento 2 has arrived with new file structure, now all files of a certain module are now grouped in one place.
- There is no base theme and views anymore and module structure include all the base views. Now you will have not to face much issue while developing custom Magento themes.
3. Improved Scalability & Performance
- The new tools are introduced to handle cache system so the structure of the catalog is simplified to keep up larger volumes of data.
- Upgrading a platform will be an easy task because of the new modular architecture and the light themes.
- Improved scalability includes improved indexers, new Magento performance toolkit, varnish cache. These new indexers have more efficient updates to speed up performance.
- Magento performance toolkits support to verify and optimize system performance whether varnish cache helps to reduce server load and speed up the page load.
4. Default Responsive
- Magento 2 offers responsive web design by default and specific themes, based on it.
- It will support all kinds of devices as computers, tablets and smart phones.
- The themes are much lighter than in Magento 1 as a result of elements of the modules are managed by the modules themselves.
5. Compatibility Process
- The module installation system has been replaced by the Composer. It makes the management of the modules easier and more flexible.
- Magento 2 is consisting of new technologies. It has adapted and supports with other platforms such as Zend framework and PHP 5.3, PHP 5.3, JQUERY, CSS3, MSSQL, oracle, and other databases.
- It offers a check process to test the compatibility of a module with its platform before integration and avoid structure changes incompatible with module installing.
6. Better customization
- Magento layout editing is being easy as drop and drag interface because of introducing visual design editor.
- Thus you can make many changes in the admin panel comfortably because of specialized technical knowledge is not required for modifying containers and blocks will not require.
7. Fewer costs and Efforts
- Core Magento software and extensions up-gradation will be easier than before.
- It has includes information on versioning policies and provides all necessary information about compatibility of upgrades.
- Installation Magento 2 is being much faster having support of new standalone installer. This tool will check for requirements before starting installation.
8. Necessary Tests & Documentation
- It includes all the necessary documentation and enables faster development with supporting continuous integration and testing practices.
- This version includes 2,600 integration test, 7,699 unit test, 100 JS unit test and 100 static tests to check the performance of a shop having orders from small amount to the tons.
- Instead of this developers can develop their own tests, and ensure a complete coverage before application.
9. API Integration & Community Interaction
- Magento 2 has simplified the use of APIs for various modules ensuring compatibility with third-party software. In addition, every module can now become the provider of a service, via the Service Contracts layer.
- IT is based on different PHP interfaces. With service contracts, you will get new way of working with public API endpoints.
- Now Magento 2 is better engagement with the community. Through Magento 2 webinars and special events, the platform more opened to the community.
10. Flexible Upgrades and Installation
- Composer has made Magento 2 friendlier for an installation and updates, to upgrade the latest version Magento 2 a convenient format may also be used.
- It has a new component-based structure of modules. The different components as CMS, customer, checkout, sales, catalog allows the combination for high code coupling. It is quite flexible for development. You can also enable and disable every component to keep code base clean.
11. Modular Architecture & Security
- The kernel modules are designed to work in a completely independent manner and can be replaced.
- Introducing view in the module concept time for complexity and overall development is also reduced. The feature also enables developers to create the working view within no time.
- The new version of config.xml file is reduced by over 20%, as a result you would be able to offer customizable solutions in short time it also provides advanced payment options.
- Magento 2 has added more security by changing directory structure. There is a new “pub” folder, which enables to protect the code from different security break & crack.
- The functional components are managed at a low level in new Magento Framework library.
- It will no longer be accessible using HTTP requests. The source code and the config data will also be more secure.